Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Another take on Hula Girl, as well as an earlier Hula Girl piece

This is a citified version of a certain character of an artist I like. He does some pretty good work, and has done it that good for a pretty long time. This particular character, named Hula Girl, I don't think he draws often (at least it SEEMS that way).

I have said for a pretty long time that I was not to draw her unless I made some improvement in my drawings. Not just drawing hands decently for a change or some decent sideview, but NOTICEABLE improvement. Well, uh, I did draw her, but not because I've gotten better. Hell, I have a long ways to go as it is, but it was out of boredom:

Well, it's... alright for a first attempt at her. Stuff looks... there.

Well, after that, a friend of mine, he went and inked it, and I colored that and added some more stuff in...

As far as coloring goes... well, the shading was done with burn and dodge. Yep. Burn and dodge. It's... well, I really want to do some decent cel-shading someday, but as it stands, I can't right now.

But, l like how this was inked. I even used part of a photograph as the background.

I don't know when I'll draw her again, but I hope it's soon, and I hope to do a damn fine job, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment